Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2 Dinner for 2

Have I mentioned my husband is amazing?!  He made a fabulously healthy dinner for us tonight.  We call it a "Lean & Green" meal, meaning a serving of lean protein and 1 1/2 C veggies.  Tonight's meal was sort of an experiment, but it turned out great.



Nick was craving some homemade chicken enchiladas, but alas, I am not eating any tortillas.  He decided to swap cabbage leaves for tortillas.  At first I thought, "Barf!" but they turned out delicious.  The only downside of the cabbage was the enchiladas were hard to cut through.  I needed a steak knife to do it.

How can you make them for you and your family?  Grill up some chicken, shred it, wrap in a cabbage tortilla with your favorite enchilada sauce, and put it in the oven.  Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado and some low-fat cheese.  Enjoy!

Current Holiday Weight Loss {1.6 lbs}

No comments:

Post a Comment